( Buffy rocks it out...Collapse )
... but also, a poll! Because there's no point doing fashion if we can't express random partisan opinions. Enjoy!
Poll #1964717 Vintage Buffy
Open to: All, detailed results viewable to: All, participants: 28
60s Buffy: Chic or Not Chic
|Don't be mean - she's so tiny!|
70s Buffy: Which is more heinous in this outfit, the halter top or tie-dye bottoms?
|Sparkly Knit Halter of Death|
|Tie-Dye Yoga Pants of Despair|
|I like this outfit - screw you!|
80s Buffy: Sleeves or No Sleeves?
|It just doesn't matter...|
90s Buffy: Who makes the best Valley Girl, Buffy or Cher from Clueless?
00s Buffy: Ribbed Cowl Necks?
|A true mark of smart-casual comfy sophistication.|
|Death garottes of tortured wool.|
|Quin, you have serious issues.|
1. Chamois Leather Shimmy
2. Crease in the Linen Tablecloth
3. Messing Up the Lace Doilies (and stuff)
4. Chenille Cushion Contusion
5. Fleece Blanket Fluff
I mean, fluff! How can anyone resist...
Fashion! Turn to the right
Er yeah. Have some prompts.
1 Simple Chic
2. Street Style
3. Casual Friday
4. Glammed Up
5. Cheap and Chic
The poll contains all the suggestions from last month's poll. We have also added suggestions from earlier polls and made up a few more to make up the numbers.
Pick which theme you would like to see us feature for APRIL. As usual, we are not going to explain what each theme is; they may or may not be what you think! In the box beneath the main poll, we’d like you to suggest the theme(s) YOU would like to see for MAY.
These suggestions will then form next month’s poll in a mixed up kind of way* along with at least one other suggestion that the mods will throw in themselves. In the event that we have less than 10 suggestions, the mods will fill in the rest to make up the numbers. If your theme suggestion isn’t picked, then you are welcome to suggest it again in other polls.
Remember: your suggestions for themes should be broad so that it’s easy for us to make up 20 prompts. For instance, ‘teacup’ is too narrow, but ‘Alice in Wonderland' works (more or less). Please expand on your suggestion in the comments to this post.
* We reserve the right to reject, tweak or combine any suggestions that are unsuitable, inappropriate for everyone or unworkable for us in any way. This might be because the suggested theme is a) too narrow and we can’t think of 20 prompts, b) too similar to a recent theme, c) because we don’t understand your suggestion or d) because it’s just plain unpleasant (i.e. sexist, racist, homophobic etc).
The poll will probably close around 12.00 GMT, (i.e. when I remember), on Monday, 31st March 2014. If there is another tie, the mods will choose the theme to do first from the winners and the other winner(s) will follow the month(s) after and there will be no poll for that month(s).
Onto the good stuff:
This poll is closed.
Open to: All, detailed results viewable to: All, participants: 11
What theme would you like to see for APRIL?
|The Lion and the Lamb|
|It Came from Outer Space!|
|Leather, Linen & Lace|
|Jokes and Riddles|
|Mad as a Hatter|
|The Emerald Isle|
|Night and Day|
|Black & White|
My suggestion for a theme for MAY is:
Thank you for your time.
P.S. Again, if anyone would like to volunteer to be a guest prompter for a month, let us know in the comments. The mods would still do the posting and will have to approve all prompts set, but we would like think others can have a go if they want to!
I wish I was rich, thin and pretty!
But then Djinn are tricksy. I might get turned into something I really don't want to be
Anyway, everyone is always wishing for something - musicians included., so this week week we have a bunch of songs wishing for all sorts of stuff. I wonder if any of them ever got their wish?
As usual, trying to cover as many tastes as possible:
1. Radiohead - Bullet Proof… I Wish I Was
2. Ellie Goulding – Wish I Stayed
3. Simple Minds - I Wish You Were Here
4. Scheer - I Wish You Dead
5. Sophie B Hawkins - Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover
Plus, the second in the occassional series of 'scenes from Boggy's life' that seems to amuse quinara, I have a fun, but pointless, poll for you:
Open to: All, detailed results viewable to: All, participants: 4
Which of these bands has Boggy seen live?
|Sophie B Hawkins|
( Tunes under the cut!Collapse )
Your prompts this week all come from the Disney film, Aladdin:
1. The Cave of Wonders
2. A Magic Carpet!
3. I can show you the world...
4. Wish for something outrageous!
5. I’m History! No, I’m Mythology!
1. "Open Sesame!"
2. “Never did any man yet repent of having spoken too little, whereas many have been sorry that they spoke so much.”
3. “A loss that can be repaired by money is not of such very great importance.”
4. “My story is of such marvel that if it were written with a needle on the corner of an eye, it would yet serve as a lesson to those who seek wisdom.”
5. “Whoever talks about what does not concern him, often hears what does not please him!”
Your prompts this week are all tales from the Arabian Nghts.
Let's see what you make of these:
1. The woman who made her husband sift dust
2. Tale of the lover who feigned himself a thief
3. The ruined man who became rich again through a dream
4. The Angel of Death and the Rich King
5. The Man Who Stole the Dish of Gold Wherein The Dog Ate